With qualified experienced installers earning anywhere from £24,000 – £40,000 per year, its not surprising this is one of our most popular, the RATING E course is ideal for beginners and new starters to the industry. If you are good at hands on work and willing to listen/learn then this is a first class start to becoming a Window and Door Installer.
Perhaps you are looking to add an additional trade or skill set to your business this course can also provide a great start to entering the double glazing / Fenestration industry
At an all inclusive price of £1,500 with no hidden extras, this course is ideal for novices and beginners and books up fast due to how cost effective it is.
Highly Recommended by industry professionals and course candidates.
Profitter has a variety of large partners across the industry who both support and endorse our training centre. Alongside these partnerships, we are proud to be externally accredited through the industries leading certification body GQA. They assess, certify and monitor our one of a kind training centre / courses. Peace of mind you are being trained by a reputable training provider.
So, what can you expect from this course?
Well, 95% of your course time is spent hands on, using tools and learning on the job skills within the main training facility. You can rest assured that you will go away having learnt practical skills to help in your career.
On arrival you will be met by your course trainer who will provide a brief introduction to the Profitter centre and explain fully what you will expect to gain from your time with him. Your course trainer has over 20+ years in the industry, spanning both commercial and retail (homeowner) installation experience. Having acquired practical, time spent knowledge in the full survey / installation of windows, doors & conservatories, your trainer is recognised across the industry as one of the best. You are in good hands.
The skills and training you will gain each day:
- Onsite checks – This section teaches you how to prepare your work site and what to look out for. Checking you have the correct materials before you begin work is vital and so you will be shown how to check your windows / doors are the correct size and have been measured correctly before removing old products. Key basics are taught to ensure you get off to a good start and begins from understanding paperwork right through to practical checks
- Full removal techniques –The Profitter centre is fully equipped to guide you through removal techniques. Your trainer will demonstrate and teach you how to safely and cleanly remove old products such as timber, aluminium and upvc from a variety of different building materials, such as block-work, plaster/render/brick finishes. Safe and clean removal is a must when taking on your own projects in either the domestic or commercial market places.
- Product preparation – Prior to beginning your product installation training, your trainer will show you how to prepare your new window/door so that you can install them in the most efficient way.
- Main product frame and cill installation– Once the above techniques have been mastered your main installation training will commence. This section of the course will provide you with real skills to help you deliver first class installations every time. Instructor led training will help you to understand where to set your product prior to fixing, where to fix and how to fix, and finally where to seal and what to seal. As explained 95% of our training is hands on and we want you to gain the skills you need to succeed.
- Glass handling and Glazing techniques – It is vital you know how to handle your double or triple glazed glass units so at Profitter we teach these important elements to ensure your site installations go as well as possible. Glazing your newly installed window/door frame is one of the most technique driven parts of your installation which include installation of window beads, window packers and unit direction. At Profitter we have it covered every step of the way……….you are in great hands.
- How to complete your installation – This part of your training provides skills on how to ensure the installation is not only weather tight but also looks cosmetically pleasing. Dependant on the property you are installing a new window/door will depend on how to finish/complete an installation. There are a number of materials that define how to finish an installation, which include bricks/blocks, render/plaster, stone etc.
- Daily assessments – Daily assessments are carried out by your course trainer. Your tutor will monitor you visually and ask certain questions to help them ensure you are gaining the key skills required. At Profitter we take pride in what we do and also that you leave the training facility with more knowledge that you came in with…….simple.
- Overall assessment – This will be at the end of your final day and is a designed to help assess your weeks training……….this is nothing to worry about and we are here to help you gain the relevant Profitter certification.
Most people cannot believe how well prepared the Profitter facility is and that it ‘actually’ teaches them hands on skills in a real working environment. With 5000 sq ft of space and multiple different courses being run on a weekly basis you can rest assured that Profitter will provide you with skills to help gain a career in the Fenestration industry. Don’t delay and book TODAY.
Hear from our customers here: CANDIDATE TESTIMONIALS